You may still need to lodge a tax return if your taxable income come’s in under the tax free threshold.

Common reasons for this include, if you:

  • had pay as you go (PAYG) withheld from any of your received payments during the year
  • had any reportable fringe benefits amount on your PAYG payment summary
  • had reportable employer superannuation contributions on your PAYG payment summary
  • made a loss or can claim a loss made in a/the previous year
  • became an Australian resident for tax purposes and were exempt foreign employment income and $1 or more of other income
  • did not claim your private health insurance as a premium reduction but you’re entitled to it
  • were a liable or recipient parent under a child support assessment unless they received one or more Australian Government allowances, pensions or payments
Adelaide | Brisbane | Melbourne | Melton | Perth | Shepparton | Sydney | Werribee
Auckland | Pukekohe
1 800 106 141